Thursday 17 July 2008

It doesn't have to be perfect to be amazing.

It was a fairly dreich start to the day - then the Fish Wife pointed out the fennel misted by the remnants of last night's rain.

The title for this blog has been running around in my head since I read Lucy's entry the other day. We've lived in this house for 15 years and we've never been on top of the whole garden. Gordon MacDonald (I think) referred to 'areas of considered neglect', and I apply this concept frequently. I know that there are parts of our garden (quite a few) that need a good weed and overhaul, but I still get a lot of joy from the garden even though it's not perfect.

I guess it depends on how you look at things. Unfortunately I'm not so positive about everything in my life, but I'm still work-in-progress!

1 comment:

Kayce aka lucy said...

i am just doing a little catching up here. i can totally relate to this post! "the areas of considered neglect" "joy from the garden even thought it's not perfect" and especially being a "work-in-progress"!!!

wishing you the best!