Sunday 17 June 2007

To blog or not to blog?

I've been prompted by my teenage daughter to start a blog- because it's cool! Well you can be the judge of whether it's cool or not.

I have been keeping a reflective journal for the last 2 years, so I figured that I could give this a go instead.

Arthur C Clarke said:

"Cave dwellers froze to death on beds of coal. It was all around them, but they could not see it or use it. Today, we are in danger of making the same mistakes."

Well, this foray into the world of Web2.0 is my effort at avoiding freezing to death on a bed of coal.

If our children and the succeeding generations are using this technology, I feel that it's incumbent on me - and those of my era - to at least try to learn and join in. However, I'm not going to recycle my paper journal just yet!

No comments: