Wednesday 19 March 2008

Van's blessing

Today is watercooler day over at Ethos (thanks to Camel Crossing for the link). I don't usually join in with these kind of things, and I didn't answer the question about music - but I thought that this fitted the general idea of Arts/Culture ... (I have commented before about my occasional difficulties with rules and conformity!)

As I was reading the Ethos post, I was listening to a
Van Morrison concert recorded for Radio 2's music club - it's fantastic. I love the way that he takes familiar songs, gives them a new twist, and turns them into something even more magical - just listen to 'Have I told you lately' and you'll see what I mean.

It seemed to be something worth talking about at the watercooler.

At the start of the concert, Johnny Walker quotes Van Morrison:

"There's always tunes and words going on in my head. I don't know if it's a curse or it's a blessing."

Listen to the recording (I don't know how long it'll be there - so do it soon!) and make up your own mind.

3 comments:

Kayce aka lucy said...

love love love van morrison!!!

Lins said...

I listened to Paul Jones' interview with Van the man on R2 and I reckon we got more of the man than the myth that night largely due to Jones' handling of the interview.

I think Van's his own worst enemy at times. A bit full of his own importance and needlessly disrespectful to others around him.

nonprofitprophet said...

someone else has tunes and words in thier heads as well? thought it was just me. ~npp