Tuesday 15 January 2008

The Incarnate God

After yesterday's rant I wanted to post something a bit different.

I'm currently reading John V Taylor's "The Incarnate God" (which I may blog about later - when I've finished it). In the meantime, I thought I'd post this.

In the preface to one of the section there's a prayer that Taylor used as a daily dedication. I like it; I hope you do too.

Lord Jesus Christ
alive and at large in the world,
help me to follow and find you there today,
in the places where I work,
meet people,
spend money,
and make plans.

Take me as a disciple of your Kingdom,
to see through your eyes,
and hear the questions you are asking,
to welcome all others with trust and truth,
and to change the things that contradict God's love,
by the power of the cross,
and the freedom of your Spirit.

No comments: