Wednesday 4 June 2008

Dreams and reality

I once was with somebody I liked very much -- an older person, when I was considerably younger than I am now. That person said, "Spend at least fifteen minutes a day weaving dreams. And if you weave a hundred, at least two of them will have a life." So continue with a dream and don't worry whether it can happen or not; weave it first. Many people have killed their dreams by figuring out whether they could do them or not before they dream them. So, if you're a first rate dreamer, dream it out - several of them - and then see what realities can come to make them happen, instead of saying, "Oh, my God. With this reality, what can I dream?


-Virginia Satir

I know that blogging aficionados don't approve of posts consisting of quotations - but I don't care! I came across this recently and thought it was great, so I'm sharing it with you.

I also think that there's an alternative way of ending it - 'with this dream, what reality can I create?'

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm . . . i love a good quote! Ms. Satir has left a fine legacy with these words.

i also love bloggers who use them and blog readers who appreciate them.

i've yet to cross paths with a blogging aficionado and i pray that such a "disapproving" one doesn't cross mine!

i use quotes liberally . . . sometimes someone else can say it much, much better!!!!

That Hideous Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
That Hideous Man said...

You are right to disregard such online conventions - a good quote is always worth sharing.

(1st attempt removed b/c of a typo!)

Lins said...

"You are right to disregard such online conventions - a good quote is always worth sharing."

That Hideous Man 2008

;-)

That Hideous Man said...

Very witty Lins - you should write a blog!

;-)

His Girl Friday said...

good one, gents, you gave me a chuckle! :D

keep goin' with the quotes... :)

AnneDroid said...

Who needs afficionados anyway? (In other fields too, that is a valid question). Let's do what we want on our own blogs, which is surely the point of them being OURS.

His Girl Friday said...

annedroid,
you rebel, you!! ;)

Kayce aka lucy said...

oh my, i wasn't aware of the blog afficiando's ruling. guilty on my part for sure and so glad you broke the rules and shared this quote. it is absolutely wonderful. dream on!!!